Saturday, March 02, 2013

A first for me

I was in London today to achieve one of 10 things to do before.....

obviously I was early so a wander around London was in order (sorry Turquis more tourist pics!). The weather was grey (annoyingly when the sun came out I was in doors!).




St Mary's the Strand alas closed today - London churches are best visited work days!


Somerset House








Charring Cross (Edward I built across everywhere he stopped when bringing his dead wife Eleanor back to London - this one is a replica most of been lost).






Trafalgar Square with very few people!







































As we had time we nipped into the Banquetting House and its amazing Rubens ceiling!








It was here that Charles I was beheaded, ironic as the paintings celebrate the divine right of kings.







Into Covent Garden....









This young lady was singing for her supper




when she stopped these started.



And what was I up to? Well the clue was Covent Garden. I was off to the Royal Opera House to see Puccini's La Boheme. I was not looking forward to it but I actually really enjoyed it!!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

... ooooh I Lerve London, exciting and varied photos Pete, I have never seen Trafalgar Square so empty of folks. Cindy the carrot cruncher :-)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.