Thursday, March 21, 2013

Not my normal habitat

At 6:15 this morning the big iron bird flew me from London Stansted to Rome!

My cabin bag was searched. All that electronics packed in tightly! And a policeman asked if I was going to the football!! As if!!

A bit of turbulence en route, great views of the Alps and flew over Rome so views of St Peter's and the Colosseum.

When we arrived Trish's bag came off straightaway and mine took for ever!!

Been a fab day though. T shirt weather really warm in the sun.

I've taken a "few" pics and seen a few birds Hooded Crow, Serin and Siskin being highlights.

I've already seen the Colosseum, Spanish Steps and Trevi fountain!!  I was tempted by a cream tea in Babington's tea room until I saw the price of 33 euros for two,....

Restaurant booked. So off for food soon.

1 comment:

ShySongbird said...

Sounds like you're both having a great time already Pete. Take pity on me, we have snow forecast for tomorrow and Saturday :-( Hope you both enjoy your meal.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.