Wednesday, April 10, 2013

This and that

And so the weekend starts to loom, I can sniff a weekend! And the weather is meant to be getting better!! I am not sure what I want to do mind..... I just want to get out!

The weather has had a tremendous impact on wildlife. Everything is out of kilter and will there be enough food for those species breeding and those visitors from overseas are undoubtedly very later than usual and this I assume must impact there breeding cycle ? Fingers crossed.

There was a report of a returning Stone-curlew dying through being undernourished.

I have a yen to travel. I am off in May but I am not sure where yet!

I am also keen to go to a second opera. All the ones I want to see have tickets remaining at prices way beyond my willingness to pay but I have got hold of tickets to see Puccini's La Rondine in July so that is something to look forward to.

Curiously the Royal Opera House release the next batch of tickets on my birthday! And there are two operas and two ballets on my list.

4 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

Certainly meant to be getting warmer and, hopefully, dryer!!!

and an yen to travel.... yes :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a very lovely production!

ShySongbird said...

I don't think you can go far wrong with Puccini Pete not that I've ever been to the opera but I have seen lots on DVD including La Rondine which I enjoyed. Madame Butterfly is a particular favourite as well as Boheme of course.

I enjoyed you recent 'Spot of Birding'.

The Quacks of Life said...

thanks SS.

my plans have the following operas
Marriage of Figaro, Turandot and Carmen.

ballets, - rite of spring, romeo and juliet, sleeping beauty



Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.