Thursday, May 09, 2013

ooh that's.....

The TV station Yesterday broadcasts "entertainment  inspired by History".

Their factual history (as I think I've said before) seems heavily biased to World War II but they do do some good stuff.

A curio in their schedule are repeats of Lovejoy. Lovejoy is an antique dealer, played by Ian Mcshane, who is one of those loveable rogues.As a programme it is light and underdemanding and within its limits a pleasant watch. It is VERY loosley based on the novels of Jonathan Gash.

The series was filmed in East Anglia and for me part of the joy is spotting places I recognise.... ooh that's Saffron Walden, Finchingfield, Long Melford, Lavenham etc......  I noticed that the fictional Felsham Hall has a church next to it so I've tracked it down to Belchamp Hall and Belchamp Walter I may have to sneak over and take a photo.


3 comments:

Attila the Mom said...

I just love Ian McShane. Wish this was on here.

The Quacks of Life said...

Attila

a bit like Midsommer Murders, Lovejoy is a guilty pleasure. I have a soft spot for two of the actresses :)

Tricia Ryder said...

A lovable rogue indeed.. nice find.. and a picture is a must IMHO...

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.