Sunday, July 21, 2013

Chartwell on a grey Saturday

So here I am back in England and where is the heatwave? It's grey and cloudy.

We stopped for breakfast at a new cafe near Trish. It got some excellent reviews on tripadvisor but I thought it was ok.

We stopped at Chartwell the former home of Winston Spencer. The house is nothing special (but it's a very liveable house) but I love the garden.















These paintings celebrate Churchill's illustrious ancestor John Churchill of Blenheim fame.



Hello! It's our friend Prince Eugene of Savoy whose Belvedere palace I visited in Vienna last week!































The cake looked lovely but I was a little full after my breaky. In hindsight I'd have been better off with the cake!

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Lovely photos of a beautiful garden. Love all the roses.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.