Saturday, March 29, 2014

Greys Court - well worth a visit.

I had an unexpected free day today so what to do? I mentioned a while back that there were quite a few National Trust properties I wanted to visit.....

Alas the likes of West Wycombe Park and Ascott have opening times that ruled them out today, and i didn't fancy London so no Fenton House or Sutton House so I went to Greys Court.

Actually Greys Court was my first choice ;) I mentioned it to Trish and off we went.

Grey's endeared itself to me on arrival as Red Kites soared over head and there was a Nuthatch in the car park.

The dower house


The manor house



Nature table. Very OC :)



The Tudor Donkey wheel.









We went for a stroll around the garden.















with nesting material....I didn't have the telephoto :( so had to make do with the travel zoom.

































We went for lunch where I had a nice Sausage sandwich.










The house is Tudor but alas no pictures. The house is not a great one no masterpieces BUT it is a nice house and one I could happily live in!







We had an afternoon cuppa and this chap liked my camera!






I liked Greys, the garden is ever so pretty and is one I could happily sit in and read a book. It is definitely worth a revisit in two months when the wisteria is out it will look amazing

1 comment:

oldcrow61 said...

Wonderful pictures. You have so many great places to visit over there.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.