Friday, July 18, 2014

Munich Day 1

Yes I've been on my holidays again, I've just spent 4 days in Munich. When booked I hadn't realised it was the final of the world cup when I arrived and that the Germans would be in the final. It did mean that I might actually be in the country of the team that win the world cup. Lets be honest it's not going to happen in England is it! (OK I was 2 in 1966!!).

We got the train from Munich airport into the city and enjoyed a gentle stroll to our hotel. We dumped our bags and headed off. The hotel reception staff advised us that getting a table in the evening might be difficult so we stopped for lunch.

Trish in a typical holiday pose.










A tribute to Michael Jackson? REALLY??




One of the things I liked was the amount of flowers....











The Neue Rathaus and can I say Rathaus as a name for Town Hall always makes me laugh :)










Michaelskirche














Is there something on??







Spot the odd one out


There were lots of people in Germany shirts but most of this lot were American!! Everyone was incredibly good humoured.






There were a couple offering free hugs.....
















So I watched the world cup on German TV, very odd....... BTW the pundits were standing!

Tomorrow may need to be split :)

No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.