Sunday, August 24, 2014

Wimpole Hall

The forecast for tomorrow is hideous so headed off early........

I don't go to Wimpole that often so I thought why not.














This Swan spent a few minutes chasing one Canada Goose off of the lake!

















I thought I ought to get a ticket at the ticket office (yeah I am a member) but the queues were mental (and the trust aren't the best with speed - sorry guys but you do tend to stick to a long spiel - sell the guide books give out info etc separately).

So I thought I'd chance my arm and see if the nice person on garden duty would scan my ticket (she did!!)

Now I've never thought highly of the walled garden at Wimpole and you know I can't think why?? It looked lovely today!!
























So I thought I'd get that ticket..... queue worse.......

So lunch........



A quick visit into St Andrews (NOT NT)







Ok would the nice lady at the house swipe my card or ask me to trot off and queue?? YES she swiped my card!!





























Happy memories eh Trish :D








The Wimpole cat keeping out of the way of the dogs!



Lovely day out..... Dad must be feeling better. He was dead heading the plants apparently this morning....

2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Lovely photos of a beautiful house, garden and church. Sounds like a good day out :) Glad to hear your Dad's feeling better :)

Tricia Ryder said...

Happy Memories indeedy... I'm blushing @ the thought.. :D

Love Humpty on the wall....

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.