Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Ooh a church tick!

I got a phone call last week......

A - Did D tell you about the S meeting next week.
Me - Uh ..... no!
A - Yeah he said it would be either you or R
Me - so that will be me then!

So off to Kensington I was......

Last night I remembered that there were a couple of churches nearby. The first had no opening times but the second was open Wednesday 1-5..... hang on I thought my meeting finishes at 1 and it is Wednesday!!! So I spent my lunch break on a quick look

806 Holy Trinity, Kensington

The current church is Victorian and was designed by the celebrated architect G F Bodley.















I do like the wide streets and buildings around this part of London



The Natural History Museum (free to visit so EXCELLENT value)



And some views around Fenchurch street.



5 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

Very decorative interior - looks a good find in a very nice part of London!

Had a few visits to the Natural History museum with J when he was younger.. and I agree, excellent that its free!

Eagleseagles said...

Memories of that church! I really must sit down one dark cold winter's day and try to list the churches I have been in! Whats that Book I should get that you use?
C

The Quacks of Life said...

C - Simon Jenkins 1000 best English Parish Churches......

Ragged Robin said...

Beautiful church Pete and a lovely way to spend a lunch hour :)

We took D and E to Natural History museum London several times when they were younger - its just wonderful there :)

Have you got the Bentjeman church book? I acquired it along the way - in a Book People sale I believe. I really must stop buying books!! :)

The Quacks of Life said...

I have the Betjeman actually there are a few versions of this one!! the selection of churches varies.... :D

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.