Monday, September 08, 2014

Trerice and Pencarrow

And so dear reader I left Devon and crossed the Tamar and headed to Cornwall.......

I stopped off at my friend Jan's for an enjoyable hour having a natter and a cup of tea on the terrace......

I headed to the National Trust's Trerice......





Only two pics inside..... when I went to the next room the guide said that there were no photos in that room but I could in a room above...... I wasn't quite sure when that started so.....





My plain scone..... I prefer Fruit! it wasn't bad but not up to Lavenham or Houghton Mill standards.





Last time I was here it was filled with Lawn Mowers!!
















Two old Riley's!! Dad would have loved seeing them!!

And on to my hotel....... and right next to it is ...

Pencarrow....



ooh a Painted Lady!! First one this year!






























I'm also near the Camel Vinyard..... I MAY have bought a bottle or two!

2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Beautiful photos Pete - love the dragonfly and Painted Lady :) You have made me want to return to Cornwall - so many NT properties there I have never visited.

Tricia Ryder said...

Two more lovely gardens - and again ones I've not seen

.. Dragon & Painted lady pics are really sharp!!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.