Thursday, March 26, 2015

Bologna

We caught the train and took a 35 minute journey to the city of Bologna. The idea being if it would be a suitable place to use as a base for a future holiday - it has good links to the likes of Ferrara, Modena, Ravenna and Parma.

Although it has some great churches and some amazing food shops I really didn't warm to it.... I can't really say why..... hey ho.

San Petronio






There was an amazing street full of food shops........ oh ye gods drool!









Bologna has lovely long arcades which shield you from the hot sun (I wish) or the rain!



The San Stefano complex 3 churches in one



More food,,,,,




Any number of my female friends would like this!





Huge tower.... 498 steps and no I didn't!


Curiously despite all of that wonderful food I really struggled to  find a small trattoria or osteria in Bologna around that area! Did find one and had a nice Tagiatelle and a glass of Vino!


No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.