Sunday, September 06, 2015

Dyrham Park

Dyrham was lower down on my list of places to visit, not you understand because it isn't a nice place to visit because it is! No the reason is that they are heavily restoring it and much of the house is closed and part of the pleasure is the spectacular views which with the house under  wraps ....

However when I mentioned on Twitter I might visit they were keen for me and Mr Quacks to try the scones and well I just had to go didn't I.......

The house was built at the behest of William Blathwayt starting 1692 and the house contains a notable collection of delftware.






The deer weren't playing ball.




just a small bit open.







The roof!















The parched areas are to be planted as borders.






































A good visit! And I even walked back up the hill!! I should have space for dinner :)

2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Love the butterfly photos - stunning :)

Tricia Ryder said...

What a wonderful place to visit.. and the dragonfly pics are crackers...

And a Quack's approved scone.. nice one!! :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.