Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Herculaneum - tasters

Oh look rain so I dutifully took a light coat and brolly. The rain stopped as soon as I walked out of the hotel and both got carried for no effect.

I got the train to Herculaneum today.

Herculaneum was a Roman town destroyed when Vesuvius erupted in 79AD along with the more famous Pompeii.

Much of the town is preserved.












So after downing a bottle of water what next...... We could have stopped at Pompeii but I suspected I might be all Romaned out...... so we went back to Sorrento




and had a late lunch on the terrace, half a bottle of wine, in the sun with views over the bay of Naples..... hard life but some one has to do it!








Wandered down to the beach for a coffee........




1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Glorious photos Pete - looks a very interesting place. Add on the lizards, butterflies and moths and I might just get that passport :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.