Thursday, January 14, 2016

Lunchtime Music

The car needed a minor repair (under guarantee) and as I had a concert in London today I booked it in for today....

And for the first time ever I caught the train from Harlow Mill station ...... 

So Liverpool Street


Although it was cold I had left home in sunshine but it started to rain in London so I wandered to the Pret a Manger at the North End of London Bridge ordered a Latte and sat and read awaiting the arrival of Trish.

By the time she had arrived the rain stopped....

This is the top of the Monument. It was built to celebrate the rebuilding of London after the Great Fire of 1666.







The cross atop St Paul's



This little chap was racing the pigeons for food!


St Paul!





EEK The Guildhall...... I tiptoed in case the management were about !!!









The program was the Counter Tenor Iestyn Davies with Elizabeth Kenny on Lute/Theorbo

Johnson - Hark, hark! the lark
Johnson - Where the bee sucks
Johnson - Full fathom five
Johnson - Galliard
Byrd/Morley/Anon - O Mistress Mine
Purcell - If music be the food of love
Anon - When that I was and a little tiny boy
Dowland - Fortune
Anon - Fortune my foe
Greene - Orpheus with his Lute
Anon - Tom Of Bedlam
Humfrey - A poor soul sat sighing
Anon - The Willow Song
Morley - It was a lover and his lasse
Anon - John come kiss me now
Reggio - Arise ye subterranean winds
Banister - Come unto these yellow sands
Banister - Full fathom five
Weldon - My dear, my Amphitrite
Jones - Farewell, dear love

the encore was a Dowland song. Can she excuse my Songs. I think....

It was a lovely concert..... Davies counter tenor voice is very listenable and I do like the Lute as an instrument.

I was on the Stansted Express on the way back.... Mr Quacks getting excited ! The Announcements were in Spanish and so he was dreaming of Seville....


He was disappointed.... :( Given the forecast is for the temperature to be in the teens for the next week so am I!!

1 comment:

Tricia Ryder said...

It was an excellent concert... very talented duo ... would love to see them again...

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.