Saturday, February 27, 2016

Osterley Park

This was only my second visit to Osterley Park. My first was the year the National Trust went stark raving mad and allowed photography indoors. I can still recollect my shock!

The core of the house is 16th century but was extensively remodelled in 1761 by Robert Adam. Whereas 300 years ago it would have been a country estate today it is in the London Borough of Hounslow and it is a lovely escape from modern London.





I counted 5 Drake Mandarin Ducks and 3 females.








It was bitterly cold so we nipped into the cafe for a cuppa and a nice scone.




We went for a wander around the garden.




























And so into the house. Much of the furniture and pictures were not part of the transfer to the National Trust. The interiors though are very impressive.




























Lunch time.... I had the Vennison stew, I didn't have the bread but a cheese scone ;)




As we're at a concert tonight and it was bitingly cold we headed off.

No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.