Friday, May 13, 2016

Bee-eaters and art tasters

Trish wasn't too well this morning so we stayed local.... we were headed to the Prado but thought we'd go to the botanic garden again and do the museum later as rain was forecast...










As we wandered to the pond we saw the Night Heron I saw a bird flying over like nothing I recognised iI got my bins on it and WOW a Bee-eater a lifer I've never seen one!!!







Then Trish pointed to a tree and said look a Bee-eater.... no 2 uh 3!!!!

of course I only had a compact but it did a competent job as it wasn't close!






The promised rain arrived and so we went for lunch,

The queue at the Prado was long so we went across the road to the Musei Thyssen-Bornemisza. This is a first rate collection with work by Durer, Bellini', Rubens, Tintoretto, Holbein, Gainsborough, Caravaggio, Canaletto, Degas, Van Gogh, Monet, Renoir. I have to admit to preferring the older stuff. The modern work makes me think of the film The Rebel with Tony Hancock

A few samples











No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.