Saturday, May 07, 2016

The final Kent church and Sissinghurst

Today was the day I FINALLY  finished all of the Kent churches I needed. I had been here before (10 years ago) but pulled the door to find it locked but I was assured it would be open and so....

836 St Mary the Virgin, Minster-in-Thanet















This is the only original glass and it is 700 years old and is high high up above the nave roof


So off to Sissinghurst. It is a fabulous garden much loved but not by me don't get me wrong it is beautiful but I just don't love the place. PLEASE DON'T MENTION SARAH RAVEN!!! LOL



So time for a cuppa and a scone. I like the till assistants. The catering is a bit frantic.


The scone was tasty but a bit on the dry side.






















































We wandered up the tower..... nice views.




I mean how can you take a soft toy out with you LOLOLOL



As I say the catering is a bit odd at Sissinghurst. You seem to queue and order at the till for anything other than cake & scones.  Still the Pea, Mint and Lettuce soup was lovely!

Off to the lake



ooh Mallard


and 6 youngsters.



Bluebells were stunning



The bears are at home!



Off to pack ;)

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Beautiful church Pete - like the old window! - and well done on finally finishing the Kent churches.

Sissinghurst is one of those places I would love to visit although I will probably have to make do with Hidcote!

Enjoy your holiday and thanks for camera help :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.