Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Out and About

My friend Jan was up from deepest darkest Cornwall and for once she had an evening free! and I was able to sneak a day off so I picked her up from her daughters and we headed to the Food Company for brunch..... Smoked Salmon & Scrambled Eggs and a Latte.

The food company has lots of good food and some essential supplies were purchased :) I raided their cheese for the weekend.

We then went for a ride out in the country stopping off at Baythorne Hall for some wine shopping (Jan likes a glass or two of wine, cough cough) and ended up at Finchingfield for some late lunch.

Some pics!










ooh a Kingfisher! Pity I only had a compact! It was a fair way off and not out in the open!






A bit closer but I couldn't get a clear view.


We headed home. Jan cooking a lovely meal. Seafood Terrine followed by Garlic Cod, New Pots, Leaks and Samphire! I provided a bottle or two of wine. Oh I washed up!

We then had a long natter (we talked all day!) and watched some telly. Great day and the weather was lovely!

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Sounds like you both had a superb day out :) Lovely to see the blue skies it has been dull and gloomy here for days :(

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.