Saturday, March 11, 2017

Not as intended

For varying reasons I decided to go to London this morning and reasoned that it would be the chance to FINALLY visit a target church in Kilburn.

I breakfasted at Pret and then wandered into Stanfords to pick up a map for next weeks holiday. So after a stroll to Oxford Street....



I got the tube to Kilburn...



We stopped outside Baker Street when an announcement came and said there were signal problems and our journey would be very slow so I just got off at Baker Street


and headed home.... ;)


So I picked up my dSLR bag and headed to Rye Meads. On arrival I found I had the telephoto lens but no body.... This was not my day was it! So I stuck the travel compact in my jacket pocket and wandered around.







As I wandered to the Kingfisher hide I espied a Chiffchaff! That small grey herald of Spring. Curiously I always tend to see them at Rye Meads about this weekend if I'm there!





It was a glorious day weather wise.... you could feel the warmth. From a bird perspective highlights were Chiffchaff, Oystercatcher x2, a Buzzard and 2 Great Crested Grebe.... the later surprisingly rare there.

1 comment:

The Quacks of Life said...

Hi Nora

it's called a chiffchaff as it's song sort of sounds like Chiffchaff!! very unoriginal!!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.