Tuesday, May 09, 2017

Looking at the past

I always find it sad when visiting a ruined abbey or castle not to see it in its pomp. When visiting an old village my father would say it would be lovely to see it before the war (when there was less clutter, cars etc, about).

I thought of this when visiting Lavenham Guildhall because they show a video made during WWII and very interesting it is to. I had a look on youtube and found it....



In searching I found a channel called British Council and they had other videos from the series.

This one is a about Mousehole fishing village in Cornwall




This one about a market town (Newark on Trent, Nottinghamshire)




and this one about a country town (Boston Lincolnshire_



There are over a 100 just archives and you can watch them here well worth a look at a bygone era.

No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.