Sunday, June 18, 2017

Trelisick

As the sun was shining I guessed that the world and their dog would be out (especially at the coast) so thought right I'll go to Trelisick and just laze about.

Trelisick is an historic garden near to Falmouth that has been in the care of the National Trust since 1955. There is a house which has recently opened but only a few rooms. The house has fabulous views! The garden is celebrated for its rare shrubs.



First stop on arrival? Well it was flipping hot .... a drink!

I decided I take the dSLR as I might see plenty of butterfiles and maybe a hummingbird hawkmoth and saw very little!! However I had plenty of feathered visitors as I had a drink,

































It was hot and I found a nice shaded seat on the above path so I sat and read for a bit.









I was going in the house but decided that if I was too late at the tearoom I may find a long queue. This was a good decision as I walked straight in and out, 20 minutes later they were queuing out of the door!!

Not bad but a little generous by the duck...


So back to the house.

















So I found myself a nice shaded seat (view below) and read.


This little chap appeared, hopped in to the undergrowth  and reappeared with a pear core which he quickly demolished.



Robin and Squirrel on same bench opposite me!




Nice day! If a little too hot for my tastes.


3 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Beautiful photos Pete - looks a superb place to visit. Too hot here too :( Even the robin in your pics looks hot. Have spent the day in front of a fan reading The January Man by Christopher Somerville (lovely book - recommended if you haven't read it!).

Tricia Ryder said...

Looks very beautiful both in, and the view from the gardens. Love all the birdy visitors and the squirrel.. twas a tad on the warm side!!

The Quacks of Life said...

thanks both

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.