Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Belton Hall and some churches

I am having a short break and am staying in Lincolnshire near Grantham.

I have done most of the churches in the area in Lincolnshire but I research said I might sneak some Nottinghamshire churches

862 All Saints, Coddington

I first tried to get into Coddington in July 2000 and have tried a few times since then. I remember the data is that the end of June we put a new Banking system and I'd worked through the night. I was away the weekend after and fell asleep at 8:45 on my bed two days running!

Anyway as promised it was open and I was greeted with the refrain "can I make you a coffee". A first!!!

The glass is William Morris










863 St Giles, Holme

with Tudor fittings















Belton House is very close to my pub/hotel so I spent the rest of the day there. I  believe it is one of the NT's most visited properties and today I could believe it.

It dates from the later half of the 1680's and until 1984 it was the home of the Brownlow-Cust family (there are many fine monuments in the church) when they gave it to the NT.































































2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Two beautiful churches Pete - love the William Morris stained glass and the wooden carvings (bench ends) in particular. The house looks impressive inside and out - great pics :)

Tricia Ryder said...

Lovely cloud formation pics - looks like you had all the sun up with you today!!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.