Tuesday, October 03, 2017

The Brockhampton Estate

As I flung open the curtains I was greeted by sun!!

Today I went to the Brockhampton Estate and in particular the late 14th century moated Manor House of Lower Brockhampton. The gatehouse is relatively recent being around 1540! The estate was gifted to the Trust in 1946 by John Lutley whose family had owned it for 20 generations.

The house had been  tenanted until recently.

Not a bad approach!



Want a lovely combination











This is a working estate

The old chapel





Some old farming implements



The gate house







The house




The bottom gun is a poachers gun....... bit like a man trap!
























There are lots of estate walks but the sun was out and warm and I sat and read!







Lovely day....tomorrow? the Cotswolds!

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Looks so picturesque and idyllic. Have driven past the entrance to it several times on my way to the black and white villages and so wished I had had time to visit. Lovely photos of the Red Admiral and Dragonfly :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.