Wednesday, March 14, 2018

The Great National Trust Scone debate.

As regular visitors know I like a Scone :) But even I was shocked to find National Trust scones making the television news and the front page of the papers.

It all stemmed from the National Trust Lanhydrock advertising for cream teas for Mother's day. The promotional literature showed a picture of a scone with cream applied first then Jam. Now those of us steeped in Scone law know what this is the Devon way and that the Cornish Swear by Jam first then Cream. This scone debate is up there with the pronunciation of the word Scone is it Scone as in gone or Scone as in cone....

The Cornish were up in arms about this but I suspect not to the degree the press made it out. Some of the comments seemed to be sarcasm.

Of course I never have a cream tea as Jam is full of sugar... so I genuinely couldn't tell you how I would apply it...... HOWEVER if I have a savoury cream tea I apply the cream cheese first and then the pickle chutney..... does that make me cream first?


No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.