Sunday, May 20, 2018

Florence Day 1 - Getting there

6 years ago I had never been "abroad" on holiday but thanks to friends Cheryl and Trish I ended up going to Florence.

This year for the first time ever I went "abroad" on my own and I decided that I'd chose somewhere familiar and went to Florence! I was a little nervous but to be honest it all went smoothly.... the car park recognised my registration, the shuttle bus arrived as I got to the stop. I was a little surprised to find an automated bag drop in Zone D but my boarding pass (on my phone!!) was scanned and the bag dropped and it was  way quicker than the manual queues still in use in the other set of Ryan Air desk.

Nope everything was smooth I arrived in Pisa and my bag was there! I waltzed out of the aiport straight on to the bus and I was off. I will say that the one way Journey from Florence to Pisa has gone up it was 7.50 euros in 2012 and it was 14 this year. The other difference was you are dropped in a different street at Santa Maria Novella which is a 5 minute further walk into town hey ho.

I walked to the hotel (been before), my room was ready through my bag on the bed pulled out a camera and as it was getting on for 2pm headed to the Piazza Della Signora to grab a pizza and enjoy the views (yes you can get WAY better food but this is a lovely view and worth doing once).

The view as I walked out of the hotel! The Ponte Vecchio


Into town



The Uffizi


The view as I ate in the Piazza della Signora.






This is a copy of the David.... which originally stood  here.


The Piazza is a wonderful open air art museum.







 Let's wander


The Duomo.






Crowds on the Ponte Vecchio



That bridge!


I had a nice meal in the evening.

A decent first day....

No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.